If you have happened to have lost a tooth or multiple teeth, chances are that you aren’t comfortable with how your smile or mouth appears to other people, which can really affect one’s self-confidence. Not to mention the added discomfort it causes us while we are eating. So, if you want to deal with this issue, you have to choose between dental implants, a dental bridgework or removable dentures. Now, dental implants are considered to be the best option compared to the other two, however it also happens to be the more expensive one. So, if you are skeptical about the matter, you can keep on reading below for a quick comparison between the three.
- Dental implants happen to be permanent. Basically, once you get your dental implant and have passed through the recovery period, it is not moving. Bridgework and removable dentures on the other hand, are not permanent. They will need to be changed from time-to-time.
- Dental implants do not require any additional maintenance aside from the regular brushing, flossing and bi-annual dentist appointments. Now the other two options do require maintenance and need to be looked over professionally more often.
- The success rate of dental implants happen to be the highest.
- Dental implants also do not damage or affect its adjacent teeth. Dental bridgework on the other hand, actually requires your adjacent teeth to be cut down in order to support the bridgework. Similarly, removable dentures end up in causing bone deterioration and irritation to its adjacent teeth and jaw area.
- Dental implants will last the longest out of all the other options in the long-run.
If you want to learn more or have questions to ask regarding cosmetic dentistry The Woodlands is a great place to avail dental services and booking a consultation.